Aion: hot or not?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Bere

-chi
Kouhai
Just a boring grinder with good graphics or something more? Have you played? Do you still play? Or are you planning to? What do you think of the Aion Vision video? Does the game have any future?

Can you be a bit more descriptive about this game? I mean what is it about of course. If I have that info I may give it a shot and let you know about it. If not then I may have to close down this thread due to it not giving any info of te game aforementioned here.

Why would you do that? Games from ncsoft are hella popular and don't really need any introduction, really... I'm thinking of playing myself but I have doubts, that's why I'd like to ask for a fellow users' opinion, what's wrong with that? Does the thread require closing just because nobody responded for like 10 minutes?

Tried it, (mind you this was release week)

After having countless issues getting into a server got kill by a guy with god mode, tried again few hours later bots stealed 80% of my kills and loot got bored in about 45 minutes.
Tried a 3rd time a few days later around 1am and was beaten by a group of griefers that were chasing anyone that got close, when asked to stop by another group they responded the game was pvp and that is what they were doing...
Tried a few times but in the end it was not very entertaining... all my play sesions ended on me switching back to TF2, sacred2, Fo3 or anime
Maybe MMO's are not my thing... but I did get pretty carried away with WOW back in 2006, anyway... uninstalled the game less than a month after i got it and gave it away

As far as the game goes: good graphics, the idea is sound enough, bus as usual on the release week no one cared for the players and Ncsoft didn't seem to care about the hacks that were available one week before release... i heard they opened something like a user police of sorts, but i don't feel compeled to get the game again just to check that out.

Doesn't need to be closed. I would actually be interested in hearing what people have to say about it from those that have played it. I have heard some good things about it and the fact that for a Korean made MMO, which tend to be very grind heavy, Aion doesn't really fall into that category. Sure it has grinding just as every MMO does, but it's not just a huge grind fest. Though I also heard that the game really gets fun once you hit 25 and can go into the PVP area, I think it's called the Abyss or something like that.
I had thought of getting it a while back, but knew I'd be upgrading to Win 7 so I figured I'd just wait. Now that I have Win 7 I'm thinking of getting it again.

Some info for the less informed.

Publisher: NCSoft
Engine: CryEngine
Platform: Microsoft Windows

Plot:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aion:_The_Tower_of_Eternity
(just head to the wiki article, slightly too long to just copy/paste the plot.)

QUOTE (b.o.w @ Nov 24 2009, 08:33 PM) As far as the game goes: good graphics, the idea is sound enough, bus as usual on the release week no one cared for the players and Ncsoft didn't seem to care about the hacks that were available one week before release... i heard they opened something like a user police of sorts, but i don't feel compeled to get the game again just to check that out.
AFAIK they've sorted most of the errors, and still are fighting bots and spammers, heard that thousands get banned everyday. It's still rather sluggish work though.
Myself I dunno, I'm craving for some good MMO here, but on the other hand I've got some work to do. Maybe I'll start during the Christmas holidays, if not, it'll have to wait until May. Maybe they'll change something until then, but what really got me hooked up again was this video. It's like, really motivating...

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back