Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Who is your favorite Powerpuff Girl?

• Blossom.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bubbles.

• Buttercup.

• Total voters

Angerfist

-dono
Kouhai
Haha finally they release an episode, used to watch this anime alot of years ago... so I wonder how these will be. :D

Ok, well... I just finished watching the 1st ep of PPGZ, and i hafta say. As a male, after watching that, I feel as though i should be castrated. I dont even know why I watched it, maybe theres some part of me that actually enjoyd watching the american show with my cousin, maybe its the pedo alert goin off inside me, I dunno. But that was..... unexplainable is the right word. So, if anyone aside from myself could bear watching that, add some feedback here.

P.S.- I looked at the Suki forums and apparently a lot off ppl over there are hating it. Im gonna give it a few eps, i always do, but they made some good points.
1- The trailer looked a lot better, better action.
2- Its really sailor moon, but there are only 3 of them and they've got toys, not wands.
3- It takes forever for them to "Power up"
4- Mojojojo really was a lot better in the american version

Hopefully the next episodes will be a LOT better.

I believe it's not an anime to begin with. I think it was originally an original American cartoon from Cartoon Network (along side with other of their cartoon such as Johnny Bravo and Dexter Laboratory etc). But Powerpuff Girls was actually popular even at the Asia.

I guessing the Japanese has bought the license for producing anime for this series...kind of like how Transformers was...

It are just time filling episodes? Or something like that... I like the way how the girls transform, and MKK, you're right about how some characters look, also they changed the story line abit from the original one about how they got their powers, ah well as long as it's funny. :p

@ MKK: Lol, wow, you pegged the chara design perfect. Its like something out of astro boy.

One thing I really like is the BGM, when they're transforming the musics are awesome. The tones are very hippy like in the 70's especially buttercup's theme its like disco, and a mix of techno too.

"Blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, strawberry,Blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, strawberry, LET'S GO!" somehow the ED reminds me of God Knows from TMOSH

lol glad to know i'm not the only one who decided to take a chance on this.
it's rather surprising how the girls were born, since they weren't born from the chemical X (now Z) but rather normal girls who came in contact with it while saving a child.
The transformation however..i'm having mixed feelings on that one, since like EXILE said, it's pretty much like sailor moon with only 3 girls.
Mojojojo also seems to have become well..rather dumb if you ask me.

The OP and ED to PPGZ though is rather good. heh

i was actually guessing this was a cartoon, NOT an anime....this doesnt fit into my Anime list...

QUOTE (Angerfist @ Jul 6 2006, 12:06 AM) I wonder what the other villians will be like, like HIM etc.
The villains are going to be exactly the same as in the american version. I paused it during the ed and looked at the enemy picture, and every one of those were in the original, so, if you have seen the american version you can know what to expect on the enemy front.

I found the concept of this amusing so I watched it and sure enough I was smiling all the way through. My sister, having loved the american version, hated it. I on the other hand didn't care much for the original and just enjoyed comparing the two. It's designed for young japanese girls; I think they'd relate to it more than the american version.

All in all, it's a good laugh. I'm gonna watch to see how they deal with the other enemies in the episodes. Although I'm rather frightened by the "power up" scenes. Like everyone else I thought: Sailor Moon. At first it was: ARGH! SWIMSUITS!!! Then they got skirts...which didn't make a huge difference ^^'

And when did the Professor get himself a son? I nearly died laughing when they said his name was Ken. Japanese writer: "must think of an american name....hmmm *looks at a barbie doll* Ahah! Ken! Perfect!"

Ah well as long as there is humor. It´ll probably not have much episodes since you get to see 2 in 25 minutes, and it doesn´t really have a story line... it´s just advancing. :p

I enjoyed the original American cartoon version, and fine this new anime version not too bad neither. I must say it may be better for people to view the anime as a separate entity from the cartoon.

As fun as the original American cartoon version was, but there wasn't much of story and it just all about seeing the girls going "HUUULK SMAAAAASH! HUUULK BAAAASH" every episode, where as for the new Japanese anime, there is the possibility for potential plot development (come on, we all know the Japanese write story for anime by thousand times better than American write story for cartoon...under general circumstances).

The thing about the original Powerpuff Girls is that it's a brilliant satire on superhero stories (especially the original Adam West Batman series). In "saving" the city of Townsville, the girls invariably trash it, doing more damage than the enemies they fight, exposing the vacuous basis of all superhero stories, which pretend you can solve every problem with violence or with enough power. The clever thing is, the mindless violence of PPG appeals to the target audience of young children whilst the satirical angle appeals to adults. It is also a period piece, with a wonderful mid-20th century look and feel that evokes the series that it satirises. (It's also worth noting the Frankenstein nature of P.L.Utonium's creations)

Really I think this is one of those series that shouldn't have been remade, this is very much a series that is about a certain period of American comic book culture and any attempt to convert it into anime is bound to fail. Anime rarely works well when it's remaking a foreign work. Another example of this is the Agatha Christie Great Detectives anime - the series is diligently made and captures the look of 1930's Britain, but it is simply unable to capture the soul of those stories or the characters themselves, the translation into Japanese and back again into English subs leaves you with a second-hand story that is pale and weak when set against the Agatha Christie films and TV series produced in her native Britiain.

Call me wierd, but I actually enjoyed the PPGZ episode 1. Then again, I also enjoyed the original PPG alot so naturally this was funny to be me to see all the little inside jokes. Also, I think right now there is a major "WTF" factor in it for me, I expect that to wear off with time.

ph34r.gif

i have no idea why i watched it in the first place i dont know y im so gonna have the next ep
blink.gif
but I guess its ok but they could have done more for the fights and the mayor has to be stupider... (is that even a word)
wacko.gif
but I liked the icecream joke and it is a little better that they are real girls and not made out of candy becuse thats just stupid

power butter cup? now i really wanna watch this serie... lol

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back