FTV Meido Cup - Discussion

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (lavenderdays @ Sep 22 2012, 09:55 AM) I can't.... Believe Sakuya is losing Its kinda disappointing since She is "The Perfect and Elegant Maid'

tongue.gif
you ain't an otaku till yah know Touhou
wink.gif

That's probably why they aren't otakus.
laugh.gif

Besides she has a good partner of protecting the SDM... of course that's when she's awake of course.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/124725...own_hair-hand_o

To be honest I was tempted of adding her since she is a gateguard and I think that would of been the basis of a certain type of meido. Granted she enjoys her moments she tends to have with the Head Meido Sakyua over various of reasons.
tongue.gif

Well the polls have closed, and it looks like we have several draws we need to resolve lol

Should we simply re run the polls on the draws? I suspect the same result will occur.

Or should we re-match the draw enties - ie re-shuffle and play again to get a new match?

--

After this round one, should we do anything with the loosers? As in should we take them forward in a ''second place" battle to the end? Gives each character 2 chances to get 'on the podium' as it were
smile.gif

Re-shuffle would be a good idea.

I wouldnt do anything with the losers, who lost is out (sorry Fabiola). If you do something like a losers round you could go on and on and on with this cup without it ever ending.

Well if we're doing the knockout setup, I'd go with the iea of a rematch. Although I think we're going with the Win-Loss-Draw record right?

If we're doing what I think we're doing I'd say just go with setting up fo rthe second round matches.
wink.gif

On a side note I see that the two blade wielding meidos actually did draw in the end there. Also, I feel bad for Hisui losing to the Maidguy like that. Although I'm supprised that Mech-HISUI won her match though since I honestly wasn't expecting that.

So if you could show off the results of the first Round to make it all official like I'm alright with it.

And another thing I have to ask is how do you like the poll site that Nemi-san and Jun-tan introduced here from the previous setup?
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Sep 26 2012, 05:07 AM)Well the polls have closed, and it looks like we have several draws we need to resolve lol

Should we simply re run the polls on the draws? I suspect the same result will occur.

Or should we re-match the draw enties - ie re-shuffle and play again to get a new match?

--

After this round one, should we do anything with the loosers? As in should we take them forward in a ''second place" battle to the end? Gives each character 2 chances to get 'on the podium' as it were
smile.gif
what about first to re-run the draw matches and in case there are draws again then re-shuffle them next time?, also while the re-matches are running until the deadline I suggest instead of giving the losers another chance we should vote again for the 17 matches... but this time posting in the "Round 1" thread just like we did in the Tsundere Cup experimental finals of Wolfie, to check how different the results will be (Ossi already did here ^^ http://boards.fansub.tv/?act=ST&f=26&t=105...ndpost&p=318645 )

I say so to make sure if it's ok to keep going with the poll script system because I find some results a bit suspicious, in many matches point out 21 different accounts voted while others got as few as 10 votes (I supposed a draw button was added in each to match the votes)... personally I don't trust so much in the script as there is still the posiblility that one or more people vote multiple times with other accounts, using different IPs by proxy ¬¬ sorry if it's a bad idea but is up to you Maiku if you wanna allow to post votes when the re-matches are up
wink.gif

Ah back in the olden days when I first ran the FTV League we didn't do it as a Knock Out Torunament, but more along the line of of a Win-Loss-Draw Point system. Kind of like winners get, let's just say 10 points, while the loser walks away with nothing. Although for a Draw Match both particapants get 5 points, since the both tried thier best.

Although if my memory serves I belive that I did it so we could get the Top 4 in accoranace with doing A Top Tier 1st and 2nd Place Matchup and a Second Tier Matchup for 3rd Place and Honerable Mention, but that's just a passing thought.

Although when I first did the FTV League I did it like a typical season for certain sports, and was planning on doing kind of like a best of 12 girls. Pretty much 4 girls fight in a Wild-Card setting, while the other 4 get a bye until the outcome of the of the first 12 have been decided. Yeah it's like how they do things for the Super Bowl in American Football. That's where the orignal idea for the League came from when I had a hand at it.

So pretty much we can do this for a 17 Week deal and see who will end up where in the end of it all. Plus if we have the time and effort to do so tack on the the idea of getting 12 meidos out of the the lot of 34 and play with it from there. Or we could just do a Round Robbin Knock Out Tournament until there is only one left standing.
tongue.gif

Well the poll system has its weaknesses and is far away of being flawless. But I think it's nevertheless okay enough to do someting like this, especially it makes things for the runner easier.
Also theres furthermore the possibilty that not everyone votes on all matches, sure theres the draw button but sometimes some people tend to overfly matches they are not that interested in and don't vote for anything, fufufufu I know someone who is totally like that
happy.gif

In any case I think in the end any voting system has it's flaws, also the post your votes system when I recall some things from the very first ftv league.

I think for the matches which have no winner it's probably best to just enter them into overtime, reopen the match for 1 or 2 days and take the winner from that. In that way I think it's easier to keep up a decent pace for the whole event. Ffufu but in the end you're the man Ando, so it's finally all up to you
wink.gif

Or we can just go with the Win-Loss-Draw method and have the girls go at each other at least once so that way it'll be a lot quicker setting up for next week and all. Although if we're doing a KO-Series here you might as well try and make a bracket for the remining girls to make it easier on yourself. Not only that but you'll know who will face off with whom with the next week that rools around. Granted the only setback would be the matches that end up in a draw.

Sorry been a busy last couple days so not had time to do much.

I think lets stick with the poll method - I know its not perfect but it does make it alot easier for me, and I can appreciate people not voting in every match so the numbers may not add up totally, but saying that they should be fairly consistant.

I'm thinking of a re-shuffle for the draws, simply to get the best chance of a non-draw outcome. I'm also thinking of doing something with the loosers but not certain yet. It means a lot more matches to make lol

Btw, its actually very teadius making the vosting posts - al ot of clicking and editign to make them nice - and becuase of the forum image limit. Thats one of the reasons I like the knock out style, it makes it a bit more exciting (i hope) and means less work as it moves forward.

We can take this is a part experiement as well because its the first meido cup, next time whenever that is maybe we can do it differently.

I also guess I should speed up a bit as I think others want to run some cups and I'm taking too long
smile.gif

edit: ok so the entires for the reshuffle are:
#1 Alistia
#3May
#11. Kohaku
#12. Konoe Tsurugi
#13. Kuon
#16 Wrath
#19 Mihato
#26. Sayoko Shinozaki

Results - Round 1 Re-match (reshuffle):

#19. Mihato Uesugi 6 Vs #13. Kuon
#3. Cyberdoll May Vs #12. Konoe Tsurugi
#11. Kohaku Vs #26. Sayoko Shinozaki
#16. Maid / Wrath Vs #1. Alistia Rein

Note I can't fairly run the next round until I get the draws sorted.

The round 1 re-matches are now resolved, so moving on...

Round 2:

#30. Yu Fujikura vs #16. Maid / Wrath
#21. Nanami Nanashiro vs #19. Mihato Uesugi
#20. Motoka Nogisaka vs #11. Kohaku
#27. Siesta vs #5. Emma
#23. Roberta vs #10. Kogarashi
#34. Mecha Hisui vs #17. Maria
#29. Wilhelmina Carmel vs #3. Cyberdoll May
#2. Aria Sanka vs #8. Hilda
#4. Elenore Baker Vs ???

Due to uneven numbers, no 4 Elenore Baker has no one to battle, so we can either drop her as a looser, or bring back the highest scoring looser to play against her. If we did that, shed be up against #1. Alistia Rein who got 47.4%. Or we could take someone at random from the loosers. Ideas?

Damn, to think that Sayoko would lose that hard against a nobody -.- With that there are already two of my favorites out, her and Fabiola.

I say we make a new poll with all the losers at once to vote (if that is possible) and the winner there moves up. Making her lose just because she has noone to fight would be the worst thing to do.

And so things became uneven I see. In cases like this you can always say that since she has no one to fight today she auto-wins this week. I mean since you're doing a Round Robbin KO match it owuld make sense for someone to have at least, or would it be at most one bye round.

I'm tempted to do something with the loosers, but thats a lot of work to add thme all into another poll lol, Its going to get carried on an extra week you guys know if we find a match for Elenor, as it would mean another round lol

Anyone want to help me out and do the loosers one while I do the winner route? would save some time and get it finished a bit quicker - that is if you wanna bring them back, which I'm kinda for as many of my fav characters are in there lol

Ok, so apologies for the delay in the Meido Cup, although we had an outstanding question on how to proceed, that was not the hold up. Basically some things in RL happened which required my attention, so apologies for the sudden absence.

Do not fear however, Rin is guarding the cards...

I hope to carry on with it this week all being good...

Round 2 is up - here btw #4. Elenore Baker will go through to next round without a battle, as this was easiest way.

However it seems the images we had have disappeared from where they were uploaded to.

Can someone re-upload them to MATV? at least then I can be sure its not going to mess up right when i put a new poll up... please create a new gallery HERE I'll do all the linking etc on the forum.

Edit
NecroRyu has re-upped the images to matv for us, round 2 is now with images and looks nice. Will fix the round 1 page when those are upped later.

The votes are all in, and we have NO draws this time, so we'll go straight into the next round.

I'll update this with the next round tomorrow.

Round 3:

#27. Siesta Vs #4. Elenore Baker
#2. Aria Vs #29. Wilhelmina Carmel
#30. Yu Fujikura Vs #20. Motoka Nogisaka
#17. Maria Vs #19. Mihato Uesugi

Free Pass:
#23. Roberta

Polls are up here

Oh darn I missed the 3rd round... I didn't realize this was up and running until now
tongue.gif

I have to say, great job on the new polling system! Makes things a lot easier =)

Round 4 polls are now up, link HERE open until dec 4th.

QUOTE (julezia @ Nov 27 2012, 08:01 PM)Oh darn I missed the 3rd round... I didn't realize this was up and running until now

I have to say, great job on the new polling system! Makes things a lot easier =)

Ah well that will be down to Jun-san who told Wolfie who told me about it
smile.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back