Kanon (2006)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

MKK2004

-ecchi
Retired
vlcsnap1707883vl.png

I don't know why they even bother with a remake after merely 4 years? I guess this is the 'otaku effect". Other than that I'm happy to see one of my fav. serie is back with BETTER drawings, yes the characters' faces are better than the first one. I hope this will be good.

wow the drawings looks enhance and hopefully it won't be the same story or it adds more things to it to better the anime which is already quite impressive.

damn I can't wait for this to be released.

btw I like the snow girl or to be a bit more specific the one with the sweater with the sickness - been so long since I've seen this I forgot her name.

ARGGGG!! I so happy and speechless that I don't even know what to say
laugh.gif

I have the first series on DVDs and I really like Kanon.

nice... i'm looking forward to add this series to my collection ^^...look really nice

Damn, just when i was about to finish downloading the series comes a remastered version lol this just happens to me

QUOTE (blckdemondrgn @ Mar 27 2006, 09:53 PM) btw I like the snow girl or to be a bit more specific the one with the sweater with the sickness - been so long since I've seen this I forgot her name.
That would be Shiori. My personal favorite is Ayu. Uguu!

I always thought the animation in the first Kanon was way too flat and even a bit cartoony. This remake is a very welcome sight and I'm looking extremely forward to the final product.

QUOTE (scar_ishbalan @ Mar 28 2006, 01:18 AM) Damn, just when i was about to finish downloading the series comes a remastered version lol this just happens to me
Just watch both...I doubt the storyline would be exactly the same anyway...

QUOTE (Splitter @ Mar 28 2006, 01:30 AM)I always thought the animation in the first Kanon was way too flat and even a bit cartoony.
That was because the original art style was like that for the game...for this new series I think they have decided to improve the art style I guess.
Here's MAD with the game pics in it...I quite like these MAD:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_4qq4DOoE8k
http://youtube.com/watch?v=umkuEvPdK1o
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mUJtAPBb-Qk

Anyway, here's the preview for the new Kanon:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KDYDZscrJLs

I'm glad Kyoto Animation's doing a remake. By god, the eyes! >.<

...is anyone as hyped up as I am about it? I'm literally drooling to the effect
dry.gif

Yuuichi does look different, but it's a very good different!

I figured you all might want to read this translation of this article... because if all of this is ture, Kanon 2.0 might be the greatest H-game anime ever.

The Translation
----

Q: What was the process that led to the decision to produce this anime?
A: It was mainly because last year, the "AIR" anime that was produced by Kyoto Animation was incredibly well received by the viewers. Along with that flow, we have received many calls from the viewers who wanted the same production company to animate "Kanon", another Key creation, as well. With that as a push, we realized this project.

Q: What was the reaction of KyotoAnimation from hearing this news?
A: Just like during "AIR", they're very excited to go at it. There are a lot of staff members who loved "Kanon" to begin with as well. Since they will be creating this with their own sentiments, I believe this will definately become a good creation.

Q: What are the highlights of this creation for you?
A: Although "AIR" was a story that revolved around one single tale, "Kanon", by nature, is a story that places the attractive points of each character up front. That's why, rather than making the story revolve around a single heroine, we wish to portray all 5 heroines equally. We want to be able to make the fans of each heroine think "that was great" after watching the anime. And so, in order for us to portray 5 individuals properly, we plan to secure slots for 2 cours to make a total of 24 episodes. Since without this much room, we wouldn't be able to portray the character's personalities and their daily lives, which would make it hard for the viewers to feel empathy. Also, we want to avoid something like "Ayu's story until episode X", "Nayuki's story until episode X"...... We do not plan to compose the anime into something like a collection of short stories. We will make it so that episode 1 until 24 will all be connected as 1 whole story.

Q: Will it remain faithful to the original game?
A: The original game is treated very importantly for both Kyoto Animation and the directing team from Key. We will faithfully reproduce all the good points from the game version. Result-wise, even if there's going to be original parts in the anime, they will not ruin the characters. This area was already proven in "AIR", so I don't think there should be any worries.

Q: Finally, please leave a message for the readers.
A: We will make an anime that can be enjoyable not only to the fans of "Kanon", but also to all the people who did not play the game as well. For the readers of G's Magazine who are familiar with the game, we hope you can look forward to seeing just what kind of anime Kyoto Animation will make, out of a wonderful story that doesn't fade away even 6 years after its release.

So in short, Kanon 2.0 is going to be the best anime ever.

QUOTE (novalisk @ Mar 28 2006, 11:10 PM) I'm not sure about that but if everything's true what were stated...then it may REALLY be the best anime ever! ^^
I'm very-very-very looking forward to it!
dl the first one by anime-suki, if you enjoy air you should enjoy this one.

IS there a Kanon season 1??

Is the remake just a better animated version (Meaning it will be the same exact story as the 1st season)????

Or is this a continuation from the 1st season????

I downloaded the trailor for 2.0 and like must of us i thoguth immeadiatly of AIR...so when i searched for this thread and read that interview...it made alot of sence that it is the same production company...

Sorry 1 last question
biggrin.gif
, If this is just a re-make would you recommend waiting for 2.0 to come out and just watch it with the better animation??? Or should i watch the 1st season in order to grasp the story???

Sorry for all the questions
sad.gif
but i havnt heard of this Anime b4 and someone refered it to me, because i was looking for a few new animes to watch that i might have missed over the years....I was all set to go but then i heard about the re-make and all these questions arrose.....

they already released an anime named "Kanon". this is the same anime but drawn better.

as for waiting, it doesn't matter either way. you can download the full "old" anime and watch it all at once. or go through the nail-biting suspense as you wait a entire week for the next episode to come out (if the subbers don't get delayed)

but then again, that's half the fun
tongue.gif

i want the game, but i dono if they'll make an english version
sad.gif

QUOTE (PermaSt0ne @ May 10 2006, 11:33 PM) they already released an anime named "Kanon". this is the same anime but drawn better.

as for waiting, it doesn't matter either way. you can download the full "old" anime and watch it all at once. or go through the nail-biting suspense as you wait a entire week for the next episode to come out (if the subbers don't get delayed)

but then again, that's half the fun
tongue.gif

i want the game, but i dono if they'll make an english version
sad.gif

Thank you very much
biggrin.gif

However i didnt like your anwser
sad.gif
i was hoping it would be season 2...so i could watch season 1 and then have the whole suspense thing as well

thanks for anwsering though it helps me out alot

haha and its kinda weird how i just started to look this anime up...and started to talk about it....and just downloaded the trailer yesterday...and now Fansub's added it to the list!.....its good to see that it will be on here...i think i might just wait now becaue fansub's has it....

QUOTE (Tsukino @ May 11 2006, 01:44 AM) mm why they want to do a remake for? wouldn't a OAV or season two be better. I think it would
Well, first off, you should know this is not a second season. As the game ended where the anime ended the first time, and since all the girls were sorted out at the end of the first series there wasn't much left to solve afterwards.

What Kanon (2006) WILL be doing is giving it a much-needed animation makeover without those cruddy Toei character designs. They are also going to solve the problem of setting aside one episode per girl to solve whatever problem they have and are instead... and this is key... going to make all five of the girls (Ayu, Nayuki, Shiori, Makoto, and Mai) MAIN CHARACTERS AND GIVE THEM EQUAL IMPORTANCE. No more solving one girl's problem than casting her into oblivion in favor of another!

This is going to be H-game adaptation at it's finest from what I have seen so far. Can't wait for this fall ^^

so splitter, based on your answer i concluded that this new kanon have 'a bit' difference in story, but basically the main story is the same as the old one? QUOTE No more solving one girl's problem than casting her into oblivion in favor of another!

well i never watched this anime, i just watched the promo which just available for download by FSTV. and i think this anime interested me, the graphic and character design is also good.

I don't care whatever it is about Kanon, as long as its also made from Air, then I will watch it.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back