Mafia Discussion Thread

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (JunMisugi @ Jun 18 2011, 03:30 PM)Ara ara~ I hear talk about lolis here but no loli is popping up
tongue.gif
. Ahem~ well anyways, sorry to disappoint you guys but it's like before, so you have to ask someone else, gomen
sad.gif
Why no asking the old participates who don't participate until now if they would participate again?
Oh my, how could have I thought that the loli was of no need... I have failed..... in such a grave way as well.... I must fix this mistake before it is too late
rolleyes.gif
:

Sad that you still cant though, since doesnt seem like others are willing to or can yet >_> Gosh, I wish some new members pop out T_T

Ok I think it's time to do a bit of availability role call to see who's still up to playing at all now. I'm only asking since I think it would be a lot of fun to try this again you know.
wink.gif

Oh and Nioki-san thanks for showing another loli biscuit there. I'm sure if we had something to bait someone into playing we might be able to do this again.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jun 23 2011, 09:23 PM) Ok I think it's time to do a bit of availability role call to see who's still up to playing at all now. I'm only asking since I think it would be a lot of fun to try this again you know.
wink.gif

Oh and Nioki-san thanks for showing another loli biscuit there. I'm sure if we had something to bait someone into playing we might be able to do this again.
tongue.gif

Normally wouldn't be able since exams in progress, but since now the changed rules will be in effect I'll be up since this wont take as much time per day as before
tongue.gif

Ohoho, I hope that is the case
smile.gif

Since in skype with him right now, Cryun also still available.

Just curious to see whats happening with Mafia or re a second game.

Anyways I have a few comments which may or may not be useful.
To be honest I wasn't happy with how the previous game went, there was no reason to go straight to a lynching, there wasnt any evidence, story or motive which could have given suspicion about any person, let alone my character and yet I was literally lynched at the earliest opportunity. Its actually pritty hard to not take that personally.

Putting my now apparent unpopularity to one side for a moment
sad.gif
, how about having some NPCs? Start off by killing a couple of them off first, then you can get a story going, then maybe kill off someone real who gets too close to the truth or something, then you'd have a whole lot of guessing and clue finding insted of a random 'lets get xxx' each time we get to day cycle.

How about someone draws up some room / building / town layouts? A map where things and murders take place. It gives way to such things like, person x was shot in this place, person Y was seen going to this building, person Z was over in that area and had line of sight to the victim etc. Maybe even have character sheets etc.

Don't take it personally. Generally one person has to be lynched (innocent or not) to get the game rolling - and with no clues, people just pick a number out of a hat. The hope is that a mafia member gets lynched and helps give an initial advantage to the innocents. Only alternative is to not lynch and have an innocent die that night to the Mafia. That said, you WEREN'T lynched the first day, you were lynched after the first Mafia Murder. And the majority of people who voted for you were Mafia members themselves (Nioki, Kid-Wolf, and Julezia; only Lavenderdays wasn't Mafia). So they had perfectly good reason to lynch you - you were an innocent (they knew it) and you may have had a special role. Lavenderdays only joined the bandwagon.

It should also be noted that Mafia isn't generally a real role-play game. The players decided to role-play, but it isn't the norm. I even push for the fact that if a player chooses not to RP, they should be able to without complaint from the rest of the player base - and I hold to that. I'd rather not restrict the game by forcing players to RP when doing so may not be preferred; we already have enough trouble getting enough players.

The above goes along with why the game generally starts with a player lynch, and why there aren't NPCs. This said, because several players ARE roleplaying, I have already said that I would begin the next game with a story of a citizen of the town being murdered (an NPC) - giving reason to an initial lynch.

Clues about who committed crimes wont be given - it defeats the purpose of the game. The Sheriff is there to collect clues and inform the citizens of his/her findings. Otherwise, the innocent are supposed to be uninformed. That's how it was designed.

As far as room/building/town layouts, if this is something you really want I'm sure a player will be willing to do something. I can give said player some basic details about the town for them to start with and they can design it however they want. Players may also feel free to draw up their own character profile sheets if they want to for their RPing. If this happens, I'll try to throw in details about the players involved or the locations of murders/lynches too. That said, I wont give out clues using that information, and you shouldn't rely on location of a murder to have any meaning (just because I say that so-and-so was murdered while outside of Joe-Bob's house does NOT imply that Joe-Bob was involved).

If anyone would like to volunteer for the above, let me know.

Finally, in regards to a second game, I certainly would like to get one started. That said, we don't have enough people wishing to play to get a game off the ground.
Last I checked, the following members wished to play:
Nioki
Kid-Wolf
wedora
doomsayer
Cryun
Oppai-ga-suki
Monsta666

Note how you aren't on that list because you never showed interest (I even PM'd you asking for you to drop by). If you are interested, let me know, and I'll add you to the list. So long as all the above mentioned members are still willing and able, and you wish to play as well, we'd be able to start the game, though more players wouldn't hurt! So spread the word and get others to join in, and let me know if you want in.

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Jul 04 2011, 02:09 AM) Just curious to see whats happening with Mafia or re a second game.

Anyways I have a few comments which may or may not be useful.
To be honest I wasn't happy with how the previous game went, there was no reason to go straight to a lynching, there wasnt any evidence, story or motive which could have given suspicion about any person, let alone my character and yet I was literally lynched at the earliest opportunity. Its actually pritty hard to not take that personally.

Putting my now apparent unpopularity to one side for a moment
sad.gif
, how about having some NPCs? Start off by killing a couple of them off first, then you can get a story going, then maybe kill off someone real who gets too close to the truth or something, then you'd have a whole lot of guessing and clue finding insted of a random 'lets get xxx' each time we get to day cycle.

How about someone draws up some room / building / town layouts? A map where things and murders take place. It gives way to such things like, person x was shot in this place, person Y was seen going to this building, person Z was over in that area and had line of sight to the victim etc. Maybe even have character sheets etc.
I love these idea's and i'd actually go along with them plus add even more depth.. but like dchaos said, not all people like RP and complicated things, plus the more complex it is the harder it'll be for new players to delve in if we get em, plus the more complex the rp the more our game-master has to watch and do, which isn't easy at all. :|
But if we say make vote for this I'm all for.

QUOTE (samthebear @ Nov 22 2012, 05:37 PM) anyone still up for another mafia game?
I'm up anytime. But we need a bunch of people for it)

Yeah this is one of those you have to have a lot of active people fo rit to work and be fun at the same time. Although the more people involved the more jobs that are unlocked.... depending on the Narrator of course.
tongue.gif

what's the minimum numbers needed for this mafia game?
I could try and gather up some people from facebook if possible to make up numbers?

Ah well aside from the Narrator/Moderator 6 to 8 people total for a deceint game. Not only that but it can get you to do a bit of RPing if you know how to do it right. :3

Well, if you and Nioki are in I'll count myself in too so that makes it three players - we just need another four or five more right?

EDIT: why don't we include prizes? It doesn't have to be big prizes, but it could be really fun
smile.gif

Well what kind of prizes are we talking about here my good sir?
tongue.gif

Even though I wanted to play you've interested me. Also, you might need to look up this game on Wiki. It's also known as Are You a Werewolf? also, Who Worships Cthulhu? and even KGB vs the Doctor. Well those are the three versions I know about. They are pretty much the same but with the job titles bing slightly different save for the Villager/Citizens of course.
tongue.gif

plushies? key chains? anime/japan related of course! I have two Kracie poppin' cookin' sets I can volunteer to give away?

also isn't it fine to leave it as mafia? unless you want to retitle it something more related to an anime? (like: Who is the high-priestess/preist [as a reference to Chuunibyou and the unseen horizon lol)

Well I played a Death Note version if you want to have it as an anime. Pretty much its a Kira vs L setting where if L dies the Kira(s) win, but if the Kira(s) die then everybody wins.

Although that would be funny if you changed it to fit the Chuu2 series.
tongue.gif

I think a chuunibyou version would be really cute lol, we could change the title of every new game to a new anime
tongue.gif
it'd sure be a novelty in itself!

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back