The Rance Series

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
To be honest every time I try taking on the Houjo Family I always end up having Ran and him die since I always too it a bit too early. Although they have three takeover clears. One is if you do it too early, the other is for the Ran Route, and the last one is if you missed the timming for the Ran Route.

Well I finally got him to join on TRUE once he's healed enough after Ran's death in Oil Dungeon. It seems my problem was that my total NP usage was too close to the limit. I also beat my first game.

I heard that Doudaiji had a scene where her fans come to Owari if she's in prison and I didn't encounter it once. Crap. Is there any requirement for it?

Also am I free to delete my saves now? because I'm scared to lose all the bonuses I've unlocked so far.

The saves mean nothing if it's not after the Game Clear status since I checked that.

As for the Doudaiji scene it's a random happenstance that can happen between 1 and 100 turns later after she was captured of course. Also her clear means that you must not be on the Ran Route since she doesn't like having any Shikigami users in your army. Aside from tat she is rather useful for recuritment of troops without even trying of coruse.

lol I can't wait that long. Already finished the game with her in prison. I got a score of 55, not bad if I may say so myself. Though the sheer number of commanders I had with end game points can be considered cheating.

Also, I didn't realize there's a free for all mode here. It's like I'm really playing Civ Rance!

Anyways, before I try out the next game I'll have to take a break. I've got a job interview coming up and I don't want to mess that up lol.

The Free for all mode is chosing a House to start with. It has no bearing to the storyline, but to which house wants to do what when they take over JAPAN. IT's more or less something funny to play. Oh and on a side not you can only manage to obtain up to 3 Battle Fans to work with, and there are other perks as well. For example if you build a certain ammount of Budda Statues something special will happen.
tongue.gif

Also, other bulidings can help you gain more troops though recovery or though how many a unitl can hold. Not only that but make sure to barracade a "weak" territory, since very territory is minus 1 area to take over from what the main game has so it makes it a bit easier.

QUOTE * ??? (When you get Sounn, Ryouma and Jou togeter in your army) - Takuga teach something to Souun.

Anyone got this event? I'm just trying to do all events now aside from the IF routes which I'll start doing on my 3rd playthrough.

I can't believe that it took me so long to seriously start this game
tongue.gif
Anyways sicne a few weeks I'm playing it and I just totally love it :3 I'm currently on my second playthrough and currently regret it that I rushed things a bit, I had no idea that in the second playthrough Yukihime seduces another house to declare war on you after you conquered Asai Asakura. So now I'm up against Mouri, Takuga and Takeda...hmmm that could be intersting
biggrin.gif

Ah yeah btw I got good news for everyone, first of all theres a group which want to translate all Rance games, they already translated Rance 1 and now they're on rance 2 ( they use the remake from Alice2010). Also later this year Rance 8 will finally come out, as far as I ahve heard it will be more like Rance 6 and a screenshoot showed that Suzume is in it :3

Yeays our perverted little ninja girl is in the next Rance game can't wait to see that come out and get translated soon now.
tongue.gif

Although that was to be expected since in all endings she does tend to head out along wiht Rance. Although in the True End I think she partners up with him since Sill became something along the line of a popcicle of some sort. My guess it might be the road to save Sill while "manhandling" girls along the way.
laugh.gif

Also, mind producing that screenshot Jun-san since I don't even know how Rance VI played out anyways.

QUOTE Yeays our perverted little ninja girl is in the next Rance game can't wait to see that come out and get translated soon now. Yeah Suzume is one of my absolute favourite characters in this game
biggrin.gif
Do you remember her comments during the gigai events, you know the gay firebird? Oh my god that totally cracked me up XDDDD

QUOTE Although that was to be expected since in all endings she does tend to head out along wiht Rance. Although in the True End I think she partners up with him since Sill became something along the line of a popcicle of some sort. My guess it might be the road to save Sill while "manhandling" girls along the way. Yep, I think Rance 8 will be about saving Sill, at least Rance said he goes on a journey to find a method to save her in the ending of the True Route.

Edit:
QUOTE Also, mind producing that screenshot Jun-san since I don't even know how Rance VI played out anyways.

Rance 6 was more like a classical dungeon exploring rpg. I currently have Rance 6 not installed but heres a screenie of Rance 8
wink.gif

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ujBdM_ND8AU/TR8Q...00/da14ef35.jpg

Gomen thats so small I see if I can find a bigger one.

Btw: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ujBdM_ND8AU/TQdn.../10088532a3.jpg

DO WANT!!!

Hmm, now if it's not voiced as usual, just gotta hope someone picks up the game to translate...

Oh witht hat screen shot why is ther a school girl with was templar sowrd and shield here? Let me guess she's one of the girls that fights alongside Rance because of his "actions" that he caused upon her or soemthing.
tongue.gif

QUOTE Hmm, now if it's not voiced as usual, just gotta hope someone picks up the game to translate...Well then lets just hope that the rance translation group stays to their word and translates every single rance game in the end :3 Or maybe yandere translations is gonna do it...I mean they did sengoku rance afterall.

QUOTE Oh witht hat screen shot why is ther a school girl with was templar sowrd and shield here? Let me guess she's one of the girls that fights alongside Rance because of his "actions" that he caused upon her or soemthing.

I have no idea who she is, regarding Rance 8 there are not much infos out there. In any case Im just glad that now that I got hooked up with Rance stuff that first of all after 5 years Rance continues, and that theres a translation group out there who is currently translating all Rance games
biggrin.gif

Edit: Btw guys, did you know that theres a sengoku rance manga out there?

Depends Jun-san is it a full on H-manga, or is it actually a legit manga that might have some ecchi moments here and there? Besides they should at least try and make one of the Rance games into an anime if you ask me.
tongue.gif

It's the later http://myanimelist.net/manga/16844/Sengoku_Rance . I also found a translation for chapter 1...and 7 but not for 2,3 and so on
dry.gif

Theres also a Rance Ova, but its quite old http://myanimelist.net/anime/5259/Rance:_Sabaku_no_Guardian . I haven't found any downloads for it till now
sad.gif

Edit:

Alicesoft has opened the offical website of Rance 8 (aka Rance Quest).

http://www.alicesoft.com/rance8/

You need to use a japanese proxy in order to view it.

Here are also two screenshots of Rance Quest

And heres the translation of the plot summary ( found on /jp)

As Rance traveled to JAPAN to snatch the famous beauty Kou-hime, he was given reign of power by Oda Nobunaga in the small nation of Obari.
He set out to conquer all of JAPAN and its beauties.
On his road to conquest, Rance defeated formidable foes such as Uesugi, Takeda, Imagawa, and finally conquers JAPAN.... but he loses the most trusted partner of his towards the end of the war.

Now....

Rance returns to the main continent, and visits the Kopa-Empire.
He brought with him a girl name Sachiko, whom he resuced on a whim (mostly for sex), and is living a life of adventure seeking quests for beautiful women and treasure!

Rance "Sill? Gahahahaha!!! I'll take care of that later!!"

Rance fucks women around as usual.
But when he visits a Kalar village for sex..... He's cursed with a curse that prevents him from having sex with girls!!

With his Hyper Weapon sealed.... what will happen to Rance!?
But wait, he can still have sex with strong girls!?

Rance's adventure for seeking "strong" beautiful women and treasure begins!

Lol that so sounds like a typical Rance game XD but... what about Sill v_v?

Why am I getting a somewhat H-version of the Ys series here almost with just those screenshots.
tongue.gif

In any case I kind of wonder how the gameplay works, aside from somehow getting to have Rance do his thing with the ladies. Also, Jun-san you probably already know this, but Sill was nothing more than his slave that he was able to do pretty much anything his little black heart desired of course.
biggrin.gif
Although with her out of comission for now only means he is unable to do any healing since that's the only thing she was good for on the field.
tongue.gif

Anyways the intro to VIII sound slike something he would do and something that would happen to him... eventually.
laugh.gif

Also, I'm now tempted to change the title of this thread now if we're going to include the other games in the Rance series.
tongue.gif

No I think it will not be like Ys, from the promo screenshoots the fights resemble more like the ones of the classical dragon quest games. (Maybe therefore the name Rance Quest)

Hahahahaha yeah I know I know, but I just like Sill, I just loved it how Rance abused her in Sengoku Rance XD Also I do think that despite being his Slave that Rance secretly likes her as well...at least a tiny little bit...just remember the scene when she turned into ice and he tried to make a wake up kiss etc...
But then again...it's Rance
tongue.gif

Yep the plot summary pretty much sounds like a typical Rance adventure...I'm also sure that pretty much after Rance 8 got released that someone tries to translate it, considering that Rance became after Sengoku Rance was translated quiete popular.

Hmmm...yeah it might be a good idea to change the thread title, but its better to ask aus before doing so.

Edit:

Lol at the end...seriously just lol...I woinder why rance satification only went down by 5 and not by 100
tongue.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyBAud5XrWc&NR=1

QUOTE Although with her out of comission for now only means he is unable to do any healing since that's the only thing she was good for on the field.

Didn't she also have a pretty darn strong magic attack to use in dungeon runs?

QUOTE mmm...yeah it might be a good idea to change the thread title, but its better to ask aus before doing so.

You're talking like I own this thread or something... Anyway, feel free to either turn this thread into the Rance series thread, or just make a new one for Rance Quest - I don't really care either way.

Naaah I was never a fan of doing things like that without asking first, I think it's just a matter of courtesy.

Anyways, I just watched the first part of the Rance ova, it's nothing great but somehow its still very funny

Indeed it's nice to see some kind of common courtesy even on the Interwebs.
tongue.gif

Well I'd watch it, but... well you know. (i.e. Too lazy to actually hunt down a DDL of any kind.)
tongue.gif

In any case does Suzume show up later on, or do yo uget her right off the bat along with the new girl in Rance VIII?

Oh and Sill in dungeons was only useful when Rance was on the field as well. I mean when she heals Rance he regains an Action Point so that Means you could use Rance Attack more than once in a battle if you did it right.
wink.gif

QUOTE Indeed it's nice to see some kind of common courtesy even on the Interwebs. Fufufu yeah isn't it
tongue.gif

I don't know when the ero ero Kunoichi pops up, but I guess it will be pretty early in the game. Btw..according to the box art Kenshin-chan will also be in this game :3

Even aside of restoring Rance's action points, Sills attack was also pretty usefull, especially in the beginning where you only have crappy back row charas in dungeon battles.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back