To Aru Majutsu no Index III

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Ok with the way things are going it seems that Touma was mislead by the bombshell of course. Also, to see biribiri's mother running into Touma's parents and ending up like that was well worth it.

lol I always thought what would happen if Touma's parent...or even Mikoto finding out about Index (as in living with him)...how is he gonna explain about "keeping a foreigner loli as a pet"?
laugh.gif

Wait what...? Is being a "babe magnet" an esper ability or something?!?! I mean seriously Even touma's father is one
tongue.gif
xD I so want to be blood-related to them somehow.

Other than that... so Croce de Pietro = Stab sword = academy city. Do note me If Im right, and it means there is no actual stab sword , as Croce de Pietro is just a metaphoric symbol?

And phew Misaka meeting Index, Have they've ever met and even had a long dialogue before??? Other than that This is a good sign we may be seeing biribiri more... and seriously if Mikoto + Mikoto's Mother is too much of a killer combo and Oh boy you gotta love oriana thomson's outfit
biggrin.gif
wub.gif

Hmm I think Biribiri and Index have met before, near the end of season 1. I remember them giving each other angry glares because they were both jealous of the relationship the other has with Touma.

MILF alert @ Misaka's mom lol

QUOTE (lavenderdays @ Dec 12 2010, 12:15 PM) Wait what...? Is being a "babe magnet" an esper ability or something?!?! I mean seriously Even touma's father is one
tongue.gif
xD I so want to be blood-related to them somehow.

Other than that... so Croce de Pietro = Stab sword = academy city. Do note me If Im right, and it means there is no actual stab sword , as Croce de Pietro is just a metaphoric symbol?

And phew Misaka meeting Index, Have they've ever met and even had a long dialogue before??? Other than that This is a good sign we may be seeing biribiri more... and seriously if Mikoto + Mikoto's Mother is too much of a killer combo and Oh boy you gotta love oriana thomson's outfit
biggrin.gif
wub.gif

I believe there is a true Croce de Pietro, it isn't metaphorical. The difference is that the "Stab Sword" isn't actually a sword at all, it's actually a cross. That particular object has the ability that, once planted in the ground, the territory around it falls under the influence of the church. Everyone in the area slowly starts adopting the church and following it, all without any real reason, but also without really noticing the change either. The idea is that there is a current balance struck between the world of magic (the church) and science (specifically Academy City - with it's advances technology and esper abilities).
If the Cross were to be planted in Academy City, that balance would be destroyed. The capital of the 'science' side would fall to the church, and with it the church would take power and science would crumble.

Or something like that.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure I remember Index and Mikoto have at least met in passing before, though they don't know much of anything about eachother.

QUOTE (dchaosblade @ Dec 12 2010, 12:06 PM) The idea is that there is a current balance struck between the world of magic (the church) and science (specifically Academy City - with it's advances technology and esper abilities).
If the Cross were to be planted in Academy City, that balance would be destroyed. The capital of the 'science' side would fall to the church, and with it the church would take power and science would crumble.

Or something like that.
Actually I think it is actually more about the power balance between the Church of Roman and Church of England.

Academy City's existence itself is neutral, BUT if Church of Roman manage to get their hands on controlling Academy City, the the power balance between the two Churches will be tip over to one side, with Church of Roman outpowering the Church of England

Actually this isn't really a three way battle per se here. It's more along the line of the Catholic Church trying to take out Acadamy City probably because of what happened a while back. Although there might be another reason behind it entirley though, but I have no idea what that would be.

In any case this may turn out to be an excuse to completely demolish the balance of power between the Catholic Church and Science. Besides I think it's because the Catholic Church symbolizes the magic side since it's technically the oldest form of Christianity.

To think that this anime is trying and actually doing a pretty good job showing Western religion in this series... more or less.
tongue.gif

laugh.gif
A nice episode. Stiyl seems to have some "small" trouble following him to thank him. She sure can be a problem for him
biggrin.gif
. Still it would give some fun scenes especially when you take their different characters into account. Hopefully they will continue it into next episodes. Kuroko also made a very good appearance. The reaction of Mikoto's mother really was nice.
I wonder what Mikoto's mother is going to do with her noticing Touma walking...is she going to follow him with Mikoto?? The scene sure seems unfinished with just her remark of seeing him walking by...a little help from Mikoto for Touma's fight would be nice. The series could use some more connections between Touma, Mikoto and Index in fights (or just normal scenes. They make the series a lot more fun). To see Mikoto's railgun, Touma's right hand and Index's magic work together in a fight would be fun.

nijlandp-sama, you are correct in seeing the scene, with Mikoto and her mother, in the store as unfinished. That scene was supposed to continue with Misuzu turning around to Mikoto to poke fun at her relationship with Touma. All thanks to JC-Staff chopping stuff as they see fit.

As for more connections, the series is based on a LN so if these connections don't exist yet, I doubt they would be added since the director for the series already made a promise to the fans to keep things as close to the novel as possible. More connections do happen later, but for the most part the novels keep things contained in their respective scenes/story lines. We don't see the main players in the same scene until WW3 happens.

Can't wait until season 3 & 4.
mellow.gif

Well with that being stated of course they more or less cut Misaka's mother noticing Touma running around, but from the looks of it it was cut short becuase of A Certain Yuri Teleporter decided it would be a good idea to go after both mother and daughter it would seem. Although I felt a little bad for Misaka there because of how Kuroko was acting.

In any case I'm now wondering about that loli teacher, I mean the way things weant she still had a good memory of Styll no matter what he did to her. It's almost like she has some kind of magic resistance or so.

Anyways we're pretty much up to the point of were Touma is probably going to go though hell and highwater to prevent the Church from claiming the Academy City. It almost reminds me of the Angel Fall story arc they did last season. So I hope they don't disappoint.

Episode 13 gave a nice ending to the cross part. The part with the plane was somewhat overdone but it did serve its purpose. Although i don't think we've seen the last of Lidvia. She is one tough person. Laura Stuart also shows that she is ruthless.
It seems that Touma is going to get even more trouble...
The hospital part when Misaka came to visit was a nice intermediate. Whenever Misaka, Index and Touma are together we get some really nice conversations with some really fun parts. I do hope that we get more of those scenes. Index alone with Touma always seems to be same somehow. I wonder what Misaka is going to do about the punishment game..

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Dec 28 2010, 12:30 AM)
In any case I'm now wondering about that loli teacher, I mean the way things weant she still had a good memory of Styll no matter what he did to her. It's almost like she has some kind of magic resistance or so.

She really seems to be special. Some more scenes with her and Stiyl trying to get away certainly would be fun
laugh.gif
. Stiyl as being a tough guy is running from a small harmless looking woman (how old is she...? i can't remember that we ever got to know her age but since she drinks and smokes she must be way older than she looks).

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jan 13 2011, 02:39 PM) She really seems to be special. Some more scenes with her and Stiyl trying to get away certainly would be fun
laugh.gif
. Stiyl as being a tough guy is running from a small harmless looking woman (how old is she...? i can't remember that we ever got to know her age but since she drinks and smokes she must be way older than she looks).
I get the feeling she knows a lot more than she says. When she was first introduced in S1 I didn't care much for the character (I'm not a big fan of lolis, sorry loli-lovers), but now I'm really interested to see what she's up to.

Err, nijlandp did you maybe forget that the "small harmless looking woman" is Toumas teacher? So I guess she is about 25 and since she is a teacher in Academy City Im pretty sure she knows more than she may look like.

Overall I was a bit disappointed at the end of the arc. With Oriana beeing only a decoy is somehow made everything that happened seem useless.
And I was quite disappointed that Ludvia was nothing more than a insane women.
But I really liked how ruthless Linda is. I love her more and more.

@Warprite: Woohoo at least one person who Is like me and doesnt like lolis *thumbs up*

Yeah, i know she is older than she looks. But she doesn't behave like one most of the time. What i mean is that she tries to help people as much as she can and Stiyl being a loner really can't handle it. Due to this difference this can give some very good (awkward for Stiyl) situations. Some more random encounters like in the last episodes when their characters show are fun to watch. That way they show more depth in their characters than just the tough guy and the loli who only walks around for the viewers.

The next preview looks like it may be become one of the weaker ones in terms of having character depth...only Touma and Index. I really like it more when it is more of a group fight/story. I still hope for a big fight in which we get most of the cast working together.

Ok with the North Itally Arc I was thinking we're going to have problems dealing with the magicians from the Catholic Church and I was sort of right. To think that it ended up as a battle on a ship that turned into a fleet from the Mideval to Renacanse periods it would seem.

Also, in the end Index is left behind even though she is useful at times. Oh well maybe she'll find a way to get someone to help out Touma somehow. Also, I kind of wonder how this story arc will end this time. I mean we always see him in the hospital back in Academy City, so is it going to be a hospital somewere in Itally this time or what?
tongue.gif

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jan 14 2011, 12:26 AM) The next preview looks like it may be become one of the weaker ones in terms of having character depth...only Touma and Index.
Yeah....given that Index is one of my least favorite characters in the show...not too thrilled about that. Needs moar Misaka <3

QUOTE ("Kid-Wolf")Ok with the North Itally Arc I was thinking we're going to have problems dealing with the magicians from the Catholic Church and I was sort of right.

Yeah, the whole Catholic Church thing was pretty obvious once you found out they were going to Italy. What'll be more interesting though, is to see who rigged the lottery so he would go there. Somehow I doubt he won that by coincidence
wink.gif
The boat thing though, was pretty fantastic. Having a giant sailboat made of ice just burst out of the canal? Epic.

Yeah and the thing that threw me off was that they said it was a 5 night 7 day trip. Here I was thinking it was either a missread there, a mistype, or maybe a hint at who set this up for him to go in the first place.

This season sure is anti-Catholic, isn't it? I know they are the traditional enemies of the C of E but I wish they would mix things up a bit more. Still, I'm already liking this arc better than the Cross arc, which I found tedious, and it was a nice surprise to see them bring back Agness again so quickly.

Couple of things. The ice ships are magic, right? So how come they don't dispell when Touma touches them? And I happen to love Index, so I'm kind of disappointed she got left behind once again.

So Agnese is the enemy again? Or an allie? And why does she wear so strange nun-sm-style clothers?

Leaving behind Index was a good choice since I dont really like her either, just like Warpsrite. And ye swe need more Misaka. And more Seiri. But both wont be happening in this arc. But I hope we get to see more from Orsola doing anything except getting saved.

And yes it was really epic when the fleet came out of the water.

It is a good episode even without Misaka and others. The fleet part was grand (good point from Accipiter1...Touma's right hand should dispel it if it is magic...looks like a mistake from the writers
smile.gif
) and since Index seems to become a bit more active in battles and so on she is starting to gain some points. I am starting to like it when she uses her knowledge/magic to be more of use.
Hmm, somehow i don't think Agnese is the enemy this time. The preview gave more of the feeling that the new secret organisation and the blond guy are the enemy.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back